Sunday, October 30, 2011

Step 1: "If It Doesn't Fit In The Plane, We Can't Take It."

Step 1 to movingtovietnam... time to sell everything in the house.

My son asked me, "Mom, why are you selling our stuff?" I replied, "If it doesn't fit in the plane, we cant take it."  I look back at that now and can't imagine what is going on in the mind of this 4 year old. Watching his things get loaded into a strangers car, and being told we have to sell it because we are moving to a place called Vietnam.

The other day I was going through the pictures on my phone. I came across a bunch of photos of Cole's stuffed animals and told him I thought he did a great job of taking pictures. He replied that he wanted to take there picture because he wanted to remember them in case he had to sell them. (Insert mommas melted heart here)

I never thought I would be so emotional about stuff. The thought of having to sell things was not that hard for me. It was stuff. Ask my husband, I like space. If there is room, keep it that way. Dont just fill it with stuff.

But things changed when I looked at my son's first bike, or my king size bed, or my softball bat that I have had for over ten years. That 'stuff' had emotions behind it and memories. So how do I get through it? Well, I rememeber why I am going and that makes it easier, and then I get a small storage unit for the stuff that I can't part with. :)

BUT the good news is, the stuff I can part with, IT IS FOR SALE.  Click the link below and let me know what you are interested in. And remember 100% of all the money goes to helping us move to Vietnam.

CLICK HERE FOR STUFF FOR SALE

No comments:

Post a Comment